The importance of building services to the success of an organization has never been greater and continues to grow. Developers, property and facility managers as well as occupiers are becoming more aware of the contribution that building services make to the well-being of occupants and hence their perception of the quality of the working environment. From both an investor’s and occupier’s point of view, building materials, structural options, and building services have a strong influence on how a property performs both financially and functionally.
Stakeholders such as those involved with the design, construction, maintenance and operation will increasingly be required to deliver building services that make a demonstrable contribution to advancing the occupier’s business objectives. The building services to be covered in this course include: electrical, heating ventilation and air conditioning, and plumbing systems.
The course will be covering the following topics:
1. Heating, Ventilating and Air-Conditioning Systems
2. Human Comfort and Indoor Environmental Quality
3. Plumbing and Drainage Systems
4. Electrical Services Systems, Lighting Design & Lightning Protection
5. Fire Safety Engineering and Fire Services Systems
6. Energy Conservation & Environmental Consideration
7. Space for Services
8. Building Acoustics
9. Lift & Escalator and Life Cycle Costing
10. Intelligent Building
11. Sustainable Development / Green Estate